- Sunday the 26th- Mass at 8:45am 🕇, pancake porky breakfast after with book fair
- Monday the 27th- Dress as your favorite book character 📚, read-in in the afternoon
- Tuesday the 28th- Dress as your favorite athlete 🏈🏀, Leukemia Hop in afternoon
- Wednesday the 29th- Dress comfy, field trip to Luv 2 Play 💓
- Thursday the 30th- Western day 👢, family night at Funset Boulevard
- Friday the 31st- Dress your best 👔, Grandparents Day, book fair and bingo after church. Early release at 11 am.
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Here is Saint Edward's schedule for Catholic Schools week:
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Second Graders were THRILLED to get a behind-the-scenes tour of St. Edwards church by Deacon Jeff with the help of Mrs. McKee! They learned about important church related items that are big pieces of the Catholic Church! Thank you so, so, so much to Deacon Jeff and Mrs. McKee for giving us their time and an awesome tour!
Above: Second Graders got an inside look at where the Body of Christ is kept in the tabernacle.
Below: Deacon Jeff showed students multiple things including chalices and ciboriums.
Above: Students all got a chance to ring the bells.
Monday, December 2, 2019
For December we are changing reading logs up a bit! All three will be coming home tonight for the next three weeks. The first is due 12-9, the second is due 12-13, and the third is due 12-20. Students who turn in ALL THREE on their due date will get to enjoy a root beer float on 12-20!!
Monday, November 25, 2019
For those of you who hate asking the dreaded question- "So how was school today?"- and getting the same response day after day- "Fine"- I'd like to offer some alternatives! Here are some of my favorite ways to get students talking; about themselves, their day, and other happenings at school!
- How did you help a friend/the teacher today?
- What games did you play at recess? Who did you play with?
- What was something that made you laugh today?
- Tell me about a book you read today.
- Who did you sit by at lunch today? Why?
- What would your teacher tell me about your behavior today?
- What is something you are looking forward to tomorrow?
- What was your favorite part about your day?
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Monday, November 11, 2019
A few reminders:
- Leggings are not allowed to be worn alone. All leggings must be covered with a dress or skirt that comes PAST FINGERTIPS when arms are down at sides.
- It is very cold and there is snow on the ground! Students must have all of the following to play at recess: hat, mittens, jacket, snow pants, and boots. Scarves/neck warmers are optional.
- For snack, you are encouraged to send a healthy snack for your child to enjoy. Most second graders do not have a snack but they still get a 15 minute snack break each day!
- All students are supposed to have an extra pair of gym shoes in their locker; this was on their supply list at the start of the year. Wet snow boots are not allowed in the classroom so the gym shoes are a great back up in case tennis shoes are forgotten at home!
It's been an amazing year so far, I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store!